FOUNDER: EVANGELINE HELEN XUE
Our objective is to develop a philanthropic curriculum that becomes embedded in courses offered by our academic institutions throughout the Nation. I am writing to request your support in leading the charge to inspire our youth on this very important and rewarding philanthropic program that will enhance our society.
Driven by a passion for social justice and community activism, Helen Xue has been a long-time member of the BC Youth Council. By providing a platform for youth to create impactful change, the summit promotes gender-inclusive social leadership to shape a sustainable future.
York House School – Vancouver, BC. (graduating June 2024)
- Class President: 2020
- Improving efficiency and productivity by leading grade meetings
- Cultivating community by organizing grade-wide events such as socials and fundraising initiatives
- Mentoring younger students by volunteering actively at school events and charitable fundraisers
- Proudly serving as an admissions representative, touring prospective students and families
- Successfully organized a garden-building project at the YHS Senior School this year
Member, BC Youth Council – Vancouver, BC (2022)
- Member of a youth-led non-profit organization providing a platform for youth to create impactful change
- Contributing to our community by supporting social causes, including Homelessness, mental health awareness, Indigenous rights, youth empowerment
- Building and partnering with existing organizations to support these causes through volunteerism
Student & Volunteer, Spark Global – Vancouver, BC (2019 – present)
- Speaking at galas and events raising awareness regarding the cause Spark supports
- Assisting with gala organization and set-up
- Interacting with and gaining connections with world-renowned philanthropists and leaders
- Working with global leaders, policymakers and philanthropists to highlight the importance of giving back.
- Letter of appreciation from the CEO of BC Children’s Hospital for my volunteer work
- Top 7, UC Berkeley Oratory Speaking competition
- Qualified to attend the prestigious Tournament of Champions at the World Scholars Cup at Yale University
- Level four performer, Royal Conservatory of Music
- Quarter-finalist, National Fencing Championships 2018
COMMUNITY AND PERSONAL INTERESTS
- Moved by the work of many politicians, public servants, and celebrities to give back to their community, she has had the privilege of meeting many leaders dedicated to public service, including President Barack Obama, former First Lady Michelle Obama, President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
- She sang opera at the B.C. Children’s Hospital Miss Chinese Cosmos Pageant, which raised nearly $60,000 to support the hospital, its foundation and the 86,000 children and families it serves.
- Involved in local fundraising events, supporting organizations such as BC Children’s Hospital, Lions Gate Hospital, and additional Vancouver-based organizations.
- Bilingual in English and Chinese (proficient in reading, writing and speaking in both languages)
- Can type at 56 words per minute
- Member of the junior basketball team at York House
- Experience in textiles and sewing
- Continue to learn to code, some existing experience
- Proficient with Google Drive, Zoom, Microsoft Office